The way you go about delivering your product or service is just as important as the features themselves. I’ve seen many ideas start-up within a company that ultimately fail because the way the team goes about delivering them isn’t sustainable. If you’re thinking about making a change to the way you deliver IT assets and want to put in just the right balance of quality checks to release a compelling offering but without slowing you down, I can help you evaluate your maturity in this area.
A delivery maturity evaluation is a fixed price project that depends on the number of people involved, complexity of your solution, and offerings you want me to focus on. I have created a set of interviews and checklists that I use to evaluate the maturity of a team or organization across aspects of release management that are critical to putting you on the path to continuous delivery from your IT value chain.
The activities I perform in a maturity evaluation are:
- I interview key operational staff to get an outside perspective on perception of procedures for:
- Idea generation
- Prioritization and cost-of-delay analysis
- Requirement approval
- Release planning
- Work management
- Managing assets and/or source code
- Feedback and improvement
- I take inventory of your IT infrastructure
- I interview key business stakeholders to understand goals and challenges
At the conclusion of the evaluation you will be provided with:
- Grades for your maturity in each aspect of delivery that has an impact on your profitability
- A presentation to staff on themes of pain your team is experiencing and techniques that can be used to remedy them
- A working session to collaborate on a road map providing you with next steps to make improvements
Upon completion of the evaluation, I offer additional phases of help as part of Delivery Acceleration to tackle the highest impact improvements that are recommended.